Re: Validator has become case-sensitive to the MEAT tag param CHARSET

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Rick Bogart wrote:

> <META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="TEXT/HTML charset=ISO-8859-1">
>
> validates with no problem; only the term "charset" is case-sensitive!
> Is this going to be fixed, or do I have to change all my META tags to
> get their pages to validate?

charset parameter in the HTTP header. You can read HTTP headers with
http://web-sniffer.net/  or with

    lynx -head -dump http://www.example.com/

Read  http://www.w3.org/International/O-HTTP-charset
who to define the encoding (charset) in your server.

And look at
 http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/meta-http-equiv.1
 http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/meta-http-equiv.2
to learn why <meta http-equiv> is just a fake.