Re: More transparency concerning "Missing xmlns attribute for element html" or [VE][no-xmlns]

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007, mudar noufal wrote:
> "Missing xmlns attribute for element html.
>     The value should be: http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>

> What I find frustrating is that I've already checked this website
> months ago, and this error wasn't mentioned, even though it was already
> an error (I guess!).

It was already incorrect, but not yet properly checked by the validator.

> The Markup Validation Service is a great tool, very helpful for web developers (I've learned a lot using it), and it encourages everybody to apply the specifications, but what I'm trying to say is:
> the referee can surely change the rules as he wishes, but if he doesn't fell like justifying it, the players should at least be informed about the new rules ;-)

I think/hope that the public change log of the validator fulfills that
role. e.g:  http://validator.w3.org/whatsnew.html#t2007-04-19

Regards,
--
olivier