Re: Try again button needed

On 4 Sep 2007, at 15:06, Alastair McKenzie wrote:
> No - not like the browser back button, which returns to the intial
> form with
> the original document loaded, which needs to be erased/over-written
> if I'm
> going to make corrections on my  (local) source version.

Select All / Paste will overwrite it with a couple of key presses in
most browsers (Cmd+A, Cmd+V in mine). This would preserve all the
other options that could be selected.

Or you can click the Validation Service heading to get to the
homepage and then the Validate By Direct Input tab to get a blank form.

I wonder if a cookie to store the last viewed tab so it can be used
as a default might be worth while?

I don't see much advantage to providing another mechanism to get back
to the input form. I doubt it would be significantly quicker.

> Yes,  like the revalidate button........ which doesn't appear on
> the Direct
> Input  results page.

When given a URI, the form data just contains a reference to the code
to check, and it can change. If the code was submitted directly then
there is no possibility of the information provided to the validator
giving different results. So a revalidate button along those lines
would not make sense.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/