Re: Public identifiers for SVG 1.1 Tiny and Mobile

On Oct 09, 2007, at 16:42, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2007, at 22:43 , Robin Berjon wrote:
>>> I trust you know the landscape better than I do, so I'll trust
>>> you on this. Note that the markup validator (a validating parser
>>> itself) is going to make it much easier to validate standalone
>>> SVG, with or without doctype. Test cases (from the specs): http://
>>> qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/dev/tests/#valid_doctypeless
>>
>> Is there any chance of support RNG and NVDL there? That could go a
>> long way :-)
>
> RNG is close on the radar, yes, since SVG 1.2 uses that as a schema
> language, among others. Good implementations of that and NVDL seem
> to be mostly in java though, maybe as a perl XML hacker you have
> suggestions on how to tackle this in perl (as this is what the
> validator is built in) or if this is a bad idea.
>
> (I'm not sure if this part of the discussion still belongs in here,
> feel free to move to e.g www-validator)

For RNG validation, XML::LibXML normally does the trick. For NVDL I
don't believe there's an implementation, I'd started one but then
people expected me to do other stuff. It's not horribly complicated
though, the biggest issue is that the spec is too light on details.
Maybe someone in perl-xml could be convinced to work on that.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
"I prefer the English accent, it is more a-rhotic."