Re: Validator 0.8.0-beta

On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Sierk Bornemann wrote:

> I don't know, from where validator's check script has got the
> information, on my system would be installed CGI version 2.80.
> Without activating the mod_perl/MODPERL2-related stuff in httpd.conf,
> validator's check script seems to work properly.
>
> Any hints or explanations, what's going wrong there run under mod_perl?

Not really, but you could try removing the "2.81" from the "use CGI" line and
add something like this in the BEGIN section of the check script and go
through the dirs it prints to the Apache error log to see if there's an old
CGI.pm lying around in some of them:

warn join("\n", @INC);

...or just "locate CGI.pm" and get rid of any stale ones.  I don't see these
problems on Fedora Core 6, with or without mod_perl (2.0.2).

(And by the way, I'm on this mailing list, no need for a personal Cc.)