RE: checklink: improvement suggestions

I suggest reading http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_24

> I did find a workaround in the form of <span class = "a_sim" onclick =
> "javascript:MakeEml

In that context "javascript:" means something along the lines of "Label this
loop with the name 'javascript'". Since there is no loop, it is redundant.
(It does not mean "This is JavaScript code", that should be handled as
described at http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/scripts.html#h-18.2.2.1 )

Note also that by using a span element, you are making the "link" keyboard
inaccessible.

> Suggestion: A workaround in the form of an appropriate line in robots.txt,
> as mentioned above, seems to be more elegant.

I believe that the syntax of robots.txt requires a URL relative to the root
of the site that the robots.txt file appears on. Since the scheme is
different, then the site is different, so the format can't support this
(without introducing proprietary extensions, which I would avoid if at all
possible).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/