Re: Service Temporarily Unavailable

On Mon, 7 May 2007 16:16:49 -0400
"Julie Mangin" <julie@tackytreasures.com> wrote:

> I'm getting messages that I'm sending too many messages per second,
> and I'm being blocked for a number of seconds before I can use the
> service again.
>
> I'm just a human, I can usually only manage one or two requests a
> minute.
>
> This is probably unique to me, so if someone could get back to me
> offline, that would be great.  Also, I work for a large organization,
> so maybe requests from all of us are being treated as one.
>
> Thanks!
> Service Temporarily Unavailable
> The bwshare module will refuse your requests for the next 90 seconds.
> You have made too many requests per second.

That'll be too many requests per second coming from the same address.
The address isn't you, but it's some proxy, run by your ISP or
network administrator.  Either someone on the network is running an
abusive bot, or the proxy has a lot of validator users!

Can you get your organisation to install a validator somewhere
on your own network for your colleagues and yourself?

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/