Re: ref to Alan Flavell's (deceased) site

Hi John,

On May 7, 2007, at 09:11 , westera wrote:
> In: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwebcel.nl%
> 2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=HTML+4.01
> +Transitional&ss=1&verbose=1
>
> there is an invalid  reference to Alan Flavell's site, which not
> online anymore:
> http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/%7Eflavell/charset/

Thanks for your message. We are aware of this, and while we hope that
the owners of the servers will see value in keeping online data
available (and thus, not breaking links [1]), upcoming versions of
the validator are not linking to this location but to the one stored
at archive.org

regards,
--
olivier