Re: Validator and Internationalised Domain Names

Alexandre Alapetite wrote:

> All modern browsers I tested (Opera, Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox,
> Internet Explorer, etc.) support this in their current version.

It apparently violates the XHTML 1.0 spec., URI is specified by
a reference to [RFC 2396] - okay, a comment in the DTD, and I'm
too lazy to read the prose.  Even if XHTML 1.0 will be updated
using a reference to RFC 3986, an URI would be still no "native"
(using non-ASCII UTF-8) IRI.

Of course the validator should accept CDATA, it can't check the
2396 (or 3986) URI syntax.  But the document _is_ IMO invalid,
no matter what the validator says.

Frank