Re: Validator and Internationalised Domain Names

Hello Alexandre.

Thanks for your mail.

On Mar 26, 2007, at 07:52 , Alexandre Alapetite wrote:
> The W3C Markup Validation Service apparently does not accept
> Internationalised Domain Names in its URL field.
>
> It returns an error 500 "Bad hostname" and a message "Sorry! This
> document can not be checked".

Oddly, the validator instance on my own computer has no problem
(decodes the IRIs nicely), yet the exact same validator code on the
qa-dev server does display the issue you mention. I thus suspect an
issue with the perl libraries the validator uses, but have yet to
find any difference in the versions uses by these two computers.

Could you add a bug in the database, so that we can track and debug it?
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/
Product: Validator
Component: check
Version: 0.7.4

Anyone interested in looking into this issue is welcome. I may try
and send the bug report link to a couple of people once it's in the DB.

Thank you.
--
olivier