Re: Feature request: validation by snippet

Stephanie Troeth wrote:

> Working with some folks familiar with CMS issues, the point was raised
> that it would make it easier on developers to continually check if they
> are creating valid markup if validators allow validation by snippet
> rather than a full document. As a developer myself, I know my own team
> and I would find this very useful.

This doesn't make sense at all in my opinion. You can't just fit together
some snippets and expect the document to be valid. Consider for example
that you validate the following surrounded by the dummy content

It validates fine of course, so you put it somewhere in the document

Oops. Not valid anymore. You're then back to square one, trying to figure
out why the _whole_ document doesn't validate.

I also suspect that this will lead to questions such as "these two
snippets validate fine, but when I put them together it doesn't validate
anymore. Is the validator broken??!?1".

--
David Håsäther