Re: Problems with CJ tracker brakes my validation

hello again carbon based life forms of planet earth ,
  well if you look at my site with the 160 + cj affiliate links http://alien-computer.org
  you can see alot of things in the coding , the big thing with cj is the tracking cookie and the affiliate id code , if these are not in working order when a customer uses the link, you will not get credit for the sale, and will not be notified by cj that a sale has taken place. many of the link partners will also drop you as a affiliate if you malform their links, the best bet is to email support at cj AND the affiliate link partner ( example IBM/lenovo or Dell ) and let them know what you are trying to do, some will say OK , some will say no, and some will actually make a new link code for you that will conform to the w3.org validator. the biggest problem when you rewrite the code will usually be, it wont point to the object on the server or part of the code will be visible next to the image or text.
  you will find some link partners are better code writer's then others , so I think each company has to write their own links and that links are not written by cj , and on sites with link generators for your affiliate links , I've found some links to work no problem and some just don't work at all or have the missing image , visible coding or both.
  welcome to the wonderful world of affiliate marketing, hope this helps you in your quest.
  Greg

David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk> wrote:

On 18 Jun 2007, at 17:32, zoran knezevic wrote:
> I have put allot of effort to make my site (http://www.rentalio.com/)
> XHTML 1.0 Transitional valid and after adding CJ.com affiliate link
> with tracking pixel it brakes my validation.
>
> May I add alt text to tracking pixel I hope they do not do any
> checksum of the code.

That is between you and them. If you don't, then your page is not
valid. If you do, then your page is, and any other consequences are
in the hands of cj.com, so you should ask them about it.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.