Re: JavaScript effect problems in 0.8.0 beta 2

On Friday 15 June 2007, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Friday 15 June 2007, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> > On Jun 2, 2007, at 06:15 , Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > > The JavaScript GUI effects introduced in beta 2 appear to work very
> > > unreliably
> > > for me with Firefox 1.5.0.12 on Linux (Fedora Core 6, x86_64).  The
> > > symptoms
> > > are that all "transition" type effects appear to abort prematurely
> > > very
> > > often.
> >
> > Ville, can you try with:
> > http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/
> > ?
>
> I no longer have the previous setup I experienced the above with, but I did
> try with another Firefox 1.5.0.12 over a somewhat sluggish remote X
> connection.
>
> It does look better, however I no longer see the "smooth" effects at all
> (I'm not saying that's a bad thing ;)), so I can't say for sure if it's
> fixed or if I just don't see that stuff because of the slowish display
> updates with this connection.  But nothing aborted halfway through like it
> used to.

I still see some problems with the latest version with Firefox 2.0.0.4:

The effect when expanding/collapsing the "more options" stuff is choppy -
seems as if it is happening in 3 separate successive steps instead of smootly
sliding into/out of the view (which I guess is the intention).

While switching between the tabs with "more options" minimized, the gray area
of the options dialog for each newly selected view is initially of the size
when "more options" would be expanded, then quickly afterwards it switches to
the correct minimized size.  This also causes jumping content problems for
things below the gray area.