Re: Validator lacks application/xml+xhtml in ACCEPT_HTTP

On 29 Jul 2007, at 23:04, Navarr Barnier wrote:
> The Validator should however do Content-Negotiation; since the help
> it offers for a mime-type mismatch points to an article on how to
> setup your script to detect if the browser supports the application/
> xhtml+xml mime-type; and to output text/html if it doesn’t.
If it made an explicit claim about XHTML support, then surely you
would still have the same problem for testing the HTML fallback?
Wouldn't it be easier to provide some method in the URL that would
handle it?

I'd expect Apache Multiviews would make it fairly easy to set it up
so that requesting /foo would do Content-Negotiation while /foo.html
or /foo.xhtml would request a specific version.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/