Re: Error: end of document in prolog

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007, Aaron Dalton wrote:

> I've done some searching and I'm not seeing my error.

Do not use XHTML 1.0 Transitional!

If you need "Transitional" (for old pages),
then stick with HTML 4 Transitional.

If you want XHTML 1.0 (for new pages),
then write XHTML 1.0 Strict - but only if you understand it.

XHTML 1.0 Transitional is a clueless-indicator. And it leads
often to errors because people mix HTML and XHTML features.

The real difference is not between HTML and XHTML -
the real difference is between "Strict" and "Transitional".

--
In memoriam Alan J. Flavell
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=author:Alan.J.Flavell