Re: Validating XHTML straight from the site

On Feb 26, 2007, at 23:32 , AOE media GmbH - Kian T. Gould wrote:
> My idea was to create a little button like we find it on so many sites
> proclaiming W3C validity but instead of it just linking to the W3C
> Validator and then showing the results of the check in a new window I
> would like it to work with AJAX and to do a direct checkup on
> validator.w3c.org and show a green icon, this site is valid XHTML 1.0
> Transitional with a date and time (does everyone get what I mean?). I
> think this would be a great little tool for any website.

We have a prototype for such a system, which was developed past year
but never really pushed, mostly because our validator servers already
had a lot of trouble coping with the load, and we wanted to be
careful in bringing in new services that could put even more strain
on the servers.

The demo is at:
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/aval/
and code at:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/aval/

I think we have more recent code than that, will try to look for it.

--
olivier