Re: Document passes when tested locally

Hi Martyn,

On Aug 8, 2007, at 06:05 , Martyn Clark wrote:
> I have run a test on this document http://www.interdean.com/
> Default.aspx
> Locally which it passes no problem and all seems well but when it is
> uploaded to production server and I run the test again but not
> using local
> option it fails which I understand to be that the (name) attribute
> in the
> necessary form tag for asp.net pages is causing the problem.

We do get a lot of messages on this list from users of .NET, who get
very puzzled, apparently because ASP.NET serves different content to
different user-agent, deciding that the validator is not a "real"
browser and serving it a broken, dumbed down version of its pages.
That's browser-sniffing at its worst, IMHO.

Hopefully, searching the archives should yield a number of results
and help figure out the issues.

> I have added <xhtmlConformence mode="strict" /> in  my web.config

I believe it should be written xhtmlConformance rather than
xhtmlConformence

regards,
--
olivier