Re: character encoding in XML declaration mismatching HTTP header (?!) of direct input

On Aug 15, 2007, at 05:54 , Ruud Steltenpool wrote:
> I guess the direct input is temporarily saved in some way and then
> HTTPserved to the validator with a character encoding that is
> always the same,

Almost. With direct input what's passed around is a utf-8 string, and
the validator is indeed told to consider that as if it had been
served a resource with utf-8 encoding declared at HTTP level.

> which results in an error report when it is different from the
> character encoding found in the content if present.

Ack. Fixed in CVS, and a couple of test cases added to test suite.

Thanks Ruud.
--
olivier