Re: <html> change

Le 7 août 2007 à 03:52, Martin Baird a écrit :
> a month ago a document with a root element of <html> passed Xhtml
> validation, now it requires
> Not a large change for one or a dozen pages.....

See Normative Definition of XHTML 1.0
     http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#normative

     3. The root element of the document must
        contain an xmlns declaration for the
        XHTML namespace [XMLNS]. The namespace
        for XHTML is defined to be
        http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml. An example
        root element might look like:

              xml:lang="en" lang="en">

> I am writing pages for a website of 100 plus pages which I am
> trying to
> bring in line with W3c XHTML recommenndations, now most of the
> corrections
> are incorrect because you are moving the goal posts and your
> validation on
> my pages is incorrect. How many times must I correct these pages
> before you
> get it right.

See About the W3C Markup Validation Service
     http://validator.w3.org/about.html

     Validating Web documents is an important
     step which can dramatically help improving
     and ensuring their quality, and it can save
     a lot of time and money (read more on why
     validating matters). Validation is, however,
     neither a full quality check, nor is it
     strictly equivalent to checking for
     conformance to the specification.

> When you have got it right will you please let me know what the final
> version should be

See W3C Markup Validator Roadmap
     http://validator.w3.org/todo.html

     This page holds the development roadmap
     for the W3C Markup Validation Service.

The validator is now in version 0.8. The *cool news* is that *you*
can contribute to make its development faster.

See Installation and development information for the W3C Markup
Validator
     http://validator.w3.org/docs/devel.html

     This document is an overview of how developers
     can modify the Markup Validator, and how to
     contribute to the development of the project.
     It is intended for system administrators
     and developers.

> and also get AMAYA corrected along with its crashing
> faults.

For this, you can read Amaya pages.
See Bugs and Wishlist
     http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Bugs.html