Re: Suggestion: Bulk checking of files

Peter,

On Oct 24, 2006, at 17:16 , Peter Krantz wrote:
> An alternative to Nikita is to use a Python script I developed some
> time ago. It crawls your website and validates each page it finds.
>
> The script can be downloaded form here:
>
> http://www.standards-schmandards.com/2005/massvalidate/

Looks interesting. Note, however, that the version of check you are
using is rather outdated, probably has quite a few bugs that were
fixed since 2004. Note also that the XML format of the validator is
deprecated in the current version and will be taken out in the next
version.

Would you be interested in making a python module to access the
validator through its API? There already is a perl module for this,
made by Struan Donald.
http://search.cpan.org/dist/WebService-Validator-HTML-W3C/
(Hello, Struan! you may want to change the default from XML to soap,
as the XML output is deprecated). It would be great if there were
more libraries to access it:
http://validator.w3.org/docs/api.html

Thank you
--