Re: I'm sure you are sick of ampersand issues as I am

Hi Clive,

On Nov 27, 2006, at 09:03 , clive.bradley@tiscali wrote:

> But...
>
> While validating XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN
>
> I have been going round in circles with my links

Yes, ampersands are the signal for the beginning of entities in HTML,
so they need to be escaped, everywhere.
(I wrote a bit more info on this just yesterday - see if it helps you
understand the issues at hand:
http://www.w3.org/mid/33984906-D0DC-4882-959A-1E884DD24CCF@w3.org )

> The inner html between <a ....> and </a> contained "foo &amp; bar"

You mean you had an URI in your href that contained spaces? Spaces
are usually not allowed in URIs, you will get around to that by uri-
encoding the spaces as %20.

> are you sure this validator is working properly ?

for that matter at least, yes it is ;). You're just hitting some of
the annoying parts of HTML and URIs technologies...

Hope this helps.

--
olivier