Re: XHTML 1.0 Strict VS XHTML 1.1

On Thursday 18 May 2006 04:47, Abyss - Information wrote:

> I have a question, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to ask it.

A better place would probably be the comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html
newsgroup.

> I would like someone to finally clear up the myths and rumours about the
> differences about xhtml 1.0 strict and xhtml 1.1

> Is XHTML 1.0 strict the same as XHTML 1.1 - If you make sure all
> presentation is done via CSS ?

No.

> If not what are the differences?

The official list of chances can be found in the spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/changes.html#a_changes

Unfortunately there are a number of undocumented changes as well. For example
the data type for the class attribute has changed so 'class=""' is no longer
allowed, and there is no provision for serving XHTML 1.1 as text/html as
there is in Appendix C of XHTML 1.0 (even if it does have circular references
and depends on a browser bug).

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>
                     Home is where the ~/.bashrc is