Re: [VE][388] Error Message Feedback

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Jan Christian Anker wrote:

> The following line in my HTML-coding results in a bunch of
> WARNING messages (i.e. no error, but annoyance)
> The following line validates just fine:

So what's the problem? Why don't you use the latter?

The validator warns about the former, since there is a high risk of using
a wrong number of hyphens and getting wrong results on browsers and other
software that process comments correctly.

(On the other hand, why don't you just remove the comment? If your HTML
markup "needs" a comment, the odds are that it is too artificial and
should be restructured. Comments considered harmful.)