Re: Error Message Feedback

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 06:17:24PM +0800, Chan Boon Kwee wrote:
> The validating service does not advise changing copyright sign c to ©,
> as well as many others like <, etc.

The copyright sign doesn't have special meaning in HTML, so there is
no need to change it.

> It is not a good practise NOT to display the codes in their html equivalence
> since some websites are written in other language and the codes get
> displayed as something else in another language.

The language is beside the point, what matters is the character
encoding. You just have to ensure that the encoding your server says
you are using is the same as the encoding you are actually using. That
is rather easier then typing entity codes every time you use a
non-ASCII character, especially if, for instance, you are working in
French or Japanese.

(I read the mailing list. Please addresses responses there and do not
CC me. Thanks).