Re: Error Message Feedback (or Bug Report??)

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 12:20:04PM -0700, Jim Sanders wrote:
> My pages validate properly (XHTML 1.0 Transitional) when I submit
> them as direct inline; but the pages fail when I submit the URL
> because by hosting service (Yahoo!) adds a comment-protected
> Javascript at the end for collection of statistics.

Actually, it is a couple of comments, then a couple of scripts, then
an image. The comments aren't around the script at all.

> So, when a user clicks on the validator link (if I add it to the
> page), the user thinks my pages are invalid.  What the heck??

Well, they are invalid. They might not have been before Yahoo got
their hands on them, but they were afterwards. And it is the modified
version that the user and the validator get.