Re: [Feed Validation Service] Error using FeedValidator to validate Atom Feed

Hello Edgar,

On Aug 17, 2006, at 23:42 , Edgar Gonzalez wrote:
> I got an error using FeedValidation (http://validator.w3.org/feed/) to
> validate an Atom feed.
>
> When I use the "Validate by Direct Input" option to validate an Atom
> feed, I got this message:
>
> "An error occurred while trying to validate this feed."

OK, I'll look into this.

> If I try using the SOAP API, I got this response:
[snip]
> File "/home/ot/feedvalidator/src/feedvalidator/__init__.py",

This is... odd. What server are you using the API through? It looks
like you're connecting to our development server, because the file
paths on validator.w3.org are different.

> BTW, the validation of an Atom feed via "Validate by URL" option works
> fine, and validation of RSS feed via both "Validate by Direct Input"
> or SOAP API also works fine.
>
> A few months ago the Atom feed validation works fine. Maybe
> something changed?

Not sure, I know that the parts of the code about direct input, and
the soap API, haven't changed at all in the past months, but the
codebase has, as Sam Ruby has been maintaining the feedbalidator
software very diligently. I'll give the debug trace a look and see
with Sam if we can figure out what's going on.

Thanks!
--
olivier