Re: [OT] Error Message Feedback

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 10:18:05 +0100
Nick Kew wrote:

> On Saturday 05 August 2006 08:23, Siegfried Gipp wrote:
> > KMail: right-click on the To: address, select "reply to", you're
> > done.
>
> Of course.
>
> But that kind of thing relies on noticing that it's screwed in the
> first place.  When you're old and forgetful like me ....

What i was trying to say was; all my Validator emails go into one
folder. I have a reply-to set for the whole folder. So, if i reply to
any Validator email i know it is going back to the list-serv by default.
There have been discussions i have read in the past (possibly on
other lists) about if a reply-to should be set by the list-serv. There
are pro's and cons for both sides.

http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

I have my own preference. In fact on some lists i have two accounts, one
account i email to the list on receiving nothing and another i read
mails from the list on. If anyone replies direct to me it goes straight
to /dev/nul. Some lists are that bad, this one is not.

--
Michael
 Those that can, do; those that can't, teach.