Re: Relaxed - new HTML validation service based on RELAX NG + Schematron

On Sep 20, 2005, at 16:27, Jirka Kosek wrote:

>> My validation service ( http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator/ ) now
>> includes an experimental and incomplete HTML5 parser (
>> http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator-about/htmlparser.jar ) which does
>> not do fixups like TagSoup.
>
> Relaxed now uses patched version of TagSoup. Fixups from TagSoup that
> are not caused by tags that are defined as ommitable in DTD are
> reported as errors now. First tests show that this heuristics work
> well and it is sufficent to emulate more SGML-like parser for HTML
> documents.

Cool.

It seems to complain about line breaks within tags, though:
http://badame.vse.cz/validator/validate?
validator_url_parameter=http%3A%2F%2Fhsivonen.iki.fi%2F&validator_option
_parameter=xhtml&X_filter_forced_doctype=auto&validator_process_button_p
arameter=Validate

Meanwhile, I have implemented tag inference and attribute value case
folding for my parser. (Source still at
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator-about/htmlparser.jar )

--
Henri Sivonen