W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-validator@w3.org > November 2005

Invalid validation report!

From: Dag Øystein Johansen <dag.o.johansen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:27:01 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Message-ID: <op.s0o0vbtkgqm7t3@dajoh3.sagefr.adinternal.com>


I just figured I'd let you know that the validation page itself seems to  
produce invalid HTML, according to itself anyway!

I did this:

1. Using the Opera web browser (v8.51 on winXP) I navigated to  
2. I attempted to validate the page by right-clicking and choosing  
"validate" in the context menu. As you are probably aware this feature  
uses the w3c validation service.
3. Upon receiving the (rather long) error report, I repeat the procedure:  
right-click and choose validate. The result shows the error report didn't  
validate either (8 errors).
4. For fun I tried yet again, and this page was valid xhtml, hurrah.
Received on Friday, 25 November 2005 05:30:57 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:58:54 UTC