Re: [VE][108] Error Message Feedback

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Brad Keough wrote:

> Validating http://www.m4um.com/phpBB/index.php

It gives a 404 Not Found error and tells it has registered my IP address.
Quite odd.

> for some reason i have one error stopping me from being validated.

Did you read the instructions?

> This
> error should be repeated as its shown on the site multiple times, yet its
> only shown as an error once. Is it possible this is a incorrect error?

Huh? Do you mean that the _page_ contains several instances of the same
error? If I remember correctly, the validator reported each instance, but
this was changed due to popular request. It seems to be impossible to make
everyone happy.

If you ask me, the old way is better. I would go as far as saying it is
the correct behavior, for a markup validator: to report all reportable
markup errors. The option of reporting each error (in some sense to be
specified exactly in the documentation) only once would be useful,
settable in the "advanced" interface.