Re: [VE][64] (TFOOT attribute) Error Message Feedback

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Adam Cooper wrote:

> Validating Error [64]: "document type does not allow element X here"
>
> Recently, the validator has been telling me that the TFOOT element is
> not allowed.
>
> The site in question is http://www.laural.com.au/bike/index.php?
> cat_id=1&subcat_id=3
> This is only one example; it seems to be happening with all XHTML 1.0
> documents I'm working on that have a TFOOT element.

The HTML 4.01 Recommendation says:

"TFOOT must appear before TBODY within a TABLE definition so that user
agents can render the foot before receiving all of the (potentially
numerous) rows of data."

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#edef-TFOOT

--
Liam Quinn