Re: access control

On May 31, 2005, at 7:32, vinita wrote:
>> Could you give more details on what you mean by access control? If you
>> mean having a way to control who (user or IP) can use the validator or
>> not, this can by done at the Web server level...

>  yes, I'm talking about apache access control, but want to give
> different access control depending on the validating file
>
>  Currently the file path is passed as an argument
> (http://server/validator?url=http://server/file1)

Then why not just set some access control (at the server level, again),
on http://server/file1? The validator will proxy the authentication
request and will only let you validate if you can access the said
resource.

If this doesn't work for you, I guess I need to understand why you
would want to restrict validation of a public file. Feel free to answer
off-list if there is sensitive information that you'd rather not
share...

--
olivier