Re: [VE][76] Error Message Feedback

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 04:00 -0300, monyspinelli wrote:
> What does it means? I put in red the correction. It is the same as
> used.
> Line 167, column 56: element "MARQUEE" undefined

> This error is often caused by ... vendor proprietary extensions ...
> "<marquee>"

That is explaining what causes the problem, it isn't a suggested
solution.

> (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect
> instead).

This is the suggested solution, although <marquee> is not a usual case.
To achieve the effect you need to look into using JavaScript.

The other option is to avoid text which scrolls too fast for some
people, too slowly for others, forces the user to wait and work out
where the text begins, and distracts the eye when the reader is trying
to focus on some other part of the page.

--
David Dorward                           <http://dorward.me.uk/>
"Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another."