Re: a question re validation

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 10:20:35PM -0800, AWD-Doris wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.  Actually I use Dreamweaver MX and create both page
> backgrounds and table borders using this software.  I have not yet had time
> to become familiar with CSS but hope to have time soon.  In the meantime
> though, can these not be validated?

Probably, it might involve writing a custom DTD to validate against,
but probably. As previously mentioned, I've no idea how you are trying
to implement them, and I've no idea what Dreamweaver does when you
point and click the appropriate icons. If its using non-standard
markup, or markup that exists only in the Transitional DTD while using
a Strict DTD, then it can be considered broken. At the very least,
Dreamweaver is not a replacement for knowing how to author webpages,
its a tool to let you write code (that you understand) faster.