Re: [VE][64] Error Message Feedback

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, David Dorward wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 12:51:21AM +1100, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>
> > >the page is www.kristofmattei.be , and it occurs on every page, the
> > >problem is in the guestbook code
>
> > This is a very strange error indeed, and at first glance I can't see
> > what is causing it, though I don't have time to take a good look.
> > Perhaps someone else on this list may be able to help you.

> elements.

That's correct. But...

> i.e. someone missed a </tr> tag.

...lack of </tr> never causes a syntax error in HTML (and always causes an
error in XHTML).

But when I now try to run the validator on http://www.kristofmattei.be
I get "400 Bad request", and when I run it on
http://www.kristofmattei.be/home.php
I get "This Page Is Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!".

It seems that the server returns
Location: ../home.php
when the main page http://www.kristofmattei.be is requested for,
and this violates the HTTP protocol, which specifies that the value
of a Location header must be an absolute URL (and ../home.php wouldn't
really make sense here if relative URLs were allowed). Ref.:
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.30