Re: Suggestion: CSS Validator Link in Navbar

Hello Cindy,

On Jul 18, 2005, at 5:29, Cindy Sue Causey wrote:
> What about having a visible link to the CSS Validator showing there on
> the Markup Validation Service's navbar in the same way that Link
> Checker has been visible for so long?

This has been considered in the past. In fact, until a couple of years
ago, I remember that the validator had a much bigger navigation bar,
with a link to the CSS validator in it. That link disappeared, along
with many others, when the navigation bar was made much more compact,
only keeping links that were for the tool itself.

The link checker, at the time, was part of the validator's
distribution, and therefore its link stayed, even when the two tools
got separated. for various reasons.

With that in mind, why not re-add a link to the CSS validator? I guess
there are mostly two reasons: because we are trying to keep the bar
relevant to the actual tool (but I agree, the presence of the link
checker is not extremely consistent) and because the CSS validator will
only work on well-formed pages, and it is better to validate markup
first, then CSS. The "valid markup" results have a link to the CSS
validator.

I am wondering what you think, in the light of these explanations.

Thank you,
--
olivier