Re: [ANN] Beta test of the W3C Markup Validator (0.7.0 beta 1)

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> * Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>
>>[http://validator.w3.org:8001/check?uri=data%3Atext%2Fhtml%2C]
>>
>>There /is/ no "1" in null content, so presumably
>>the validator is generating it for itself ...
>

> You mean it should say "Line 0"? Well, perhaps we should simply point
> out that no content was received and the processing model for empty
> documents is yet to be defined by the wtfwg...

No, I think you missed the point : it quite clearly
says 'character "1" not allowed in prolog.'.  There
/is/ no 'character "1"' in the source, so there must
be a genuine bug in the validator code which is
causing this 'character "1"' to be generated and
inserted into the parsing stream ...

>>The little envelope icon (which only manifested
>>itself when I composed this message) is so small
>>on the original screen that any chance of feedback
>>arriving via that route must be /vanishingly/ small ...
>

> That's intentional...

:-)))