Re: A Little Correction on Slackware 10.0

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005, Swann Syd (GIC) wrote:
> I was having issues with the local validator on SuSe 9. I was able to
> get it to work by using your suggestion of removing the -R on line 615.
> Everything appears to work ok now however I am just curious what is the
> -R flag? The changes on line 663 gave me  fatal errors about not being
> able find the DTD.

As Bjoern said, this option is very important, security-wise. If the -R
flag does not work, it is most likely that the OpenSP installed is a
version < 1.5, which is required. I would strongly recommend making sure
OpenSP >= 1.5 is installed, rather than removing the -R.

--
olivier