Re: W3C Link Checker - 4.1Command line error

Doh!

That worked. Thanks

Simon Jones : Technical Architect
Redhouse Lane Communications Ltd
Creative Communications

14-15 Bedford Square London WC1B 3JA
144 St Vincent Street Glasgow G2 5LQ
T : 020 7462 2725
F : 020 7462 2601
E : simonj@redhouselane.co.uk
W : www.redhouselane.com
** The information contained in this message, including any attachment, is
confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.
The information is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and delete this message from your system. Any review,
re-transmission, distribution or other use of this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. **

Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
26/01/2005 19:04

simonj@redhouselane.co.uk
cc
www-validator@w3.org
Subject

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 12:47 +0000, simonj@redhouselane.co.uk wrote:

> I get the following error when trying to run checklink at the command
> line:
>
> "-T" is on the #! line, it must also be used on the command line at
> checklink line 1.

Try running it like

  perl -T checklink ...

Alternatively, I think in Cygwin it could work just with
"checklink ...".

> I'm running this on a Windows 2000 machine with ActivePerl 5.8.6
> installed and all the other prerequisites.

Cool.  Be sure to let us know if there are any problems; I believe that
the link checker has received a lot more testing on Unix platforms than
on Windows.  As far as I know, it should work on Windows too though.