Re: Improper validation

Stan Hansen wrote:
> When I do a validation (from my home page W3C validator button) the
> report starts off as
> The URL you gave me, <http://www.ezyworkathome.com/>, returned a
> redirect to http://localhost/.

This is exactly the same problem:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2005Jan/0098.html

> I am using windows xp pro sp2. I just changed the 2 keys in my registry
> to allow me to validate from my desktop. I have IE version
> 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158

That's useful information when there is a problem with validating via
file upload, but the problem is not caused by your computer since it
only happens when validated from the server.  By the way, have you
considered switching to a more standards compliant and secure browser?

> I am also using the new ws_ftp home version 9.02 2004.08.18

Well, that's just completely irrelevant to this problem since you don't
have a problem uploading your files.  However, that would also be
irrelevant for this list.  Anyway, thankyou for at least trying to
provide us with all the information we need, which is better than some.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/