Re: Strict or Transitional

David Dorward wrote:

>> Some strict rules don't work with legacy browsers, therefore
>> I cannot use strict.

> Such as?

<a name="x" id="x"> isn't allowed, and <a id=x"> doesn't work
as expected with legacy browsers.

> Or did you mean CSS/JS replacements for deprecated
> presentational markup?

Yes, that too, but for new pages that's more or less limited
to some cases of align= where the results without it could be
ugly.  And of course <del> is "strictly" forbidden on pages
could do the trick.  No new page really needs <u>, so that's
fine.  And new pages don't need <center> if they still could
use <div align="center">.  But as you said that's only less
important presentational stuff.

Actually I like good pages using CSS better than some horrible
combinations of legacy markup and CSS.  My browser ignores the
CSS completely.  Good pages still work, that's the idea, isn't
it ?  Only some name= and <del> are very critical.  Bye, Frank