Re: html table attributes

Hello Mikael,

On Dec 31, 2004, at 23:55, Mikael Söderström wrote:
> Markup validation:
> For example if I want a page with a header and footer, I often want
> the footer to be on the bottom of the page even if there is just one
> word on the page. To do so I would use a table with height="100%".
> This attribute is not valid according to your validation service, but
> it will work on both IE and Mozilla...

The Validation service does not choose what is valid and what is not,
it is only following specifications to determine what is valid. Whether
browsers understand or not invalid constructs is not relevant to the
validator.

> CSS validation:
> The only cross browser syntax for a cursor pointer/hand is:
>
> p.pointerhand {
> 	cursor: pointer;
> 	cursor: hand;
> }
>
> The validation service will not accept this.

... because "hand" is not an accepted value for cursor, see:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/ui.html
and for the next version of CSS
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-css3-ui-20040511/#cursor
However I found:
no-drop
  Indicates that the dragged item cannot be dropped at the current
cursor location. Often rendered as a hand or pointer with a small
circle with a line through it.

Maybe that's what you were looking for?

Regards,
--