Re: Ampersands in the HTTP Header

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005, Richard Neill wrote:
> >"&" should be escaped as "&" in HTML where "&" has a special meaning
> >(as the start of an entity or character reference).  HTTP headers are not
> >HTML, and "&" does not have a special meaning in HTTP headers.
> >

> In that case, may I suggest that the Validator should check for (and
> flag as an error) this point.

It is unclear to me what you mean by "this" in your sentence: are you
implying that the Markup Validator should check into such HTTP headers
as Location, find instances of & and report them as errors?

Checking HTTP compliance is a good idea, but it's completely out of the
scope of the marlup validator.

--
olivier