Re: W3C HTML Validator Suggestion

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 12:59:40PM +0900, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> My honest suggestion would be for you to contact the maintainer of the
> browser extension, and ask to either give a configuration mechanism to
> set the validation options (show source, parse tree, etc) or set them
> on by default.

The extension already has this facility, although it sacrifices
user-friendlyness in favour of flexibility.

1. Open the extensions dialog (via the Tools menu)
2. Double click the Web Developer icon to open the Web Developer Options
3. Go to the Validators tab
4. Change the HTML Validator from
   http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=
   http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&ss=1&uri=

Any other option could be added by examinging the URI of a report page
with that option enabled. You could even use an entirely different
validation service, e.g. a local install of the Markup Validator which
the webserver is configured to recognise does not need authentication.