Re: Document without charset

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 03:44:58PM +0100, Sierk Bornemann wrote:
> if you deliver your Document as HTML (text/html) and not  as
> XML (e.g. application/xhtml+xml),
> you have to add a Meta information to your document, which holds the
> encoding information, e.g.

Well...

* A really HTTP header is far, far better

* If you are serving as text/html then you must conform to Appendix C
  which mandates a space before the "/"

* Encoding a claim that an XHTML document is HTML inside the document
  itself strikes me as ... silly (and makes using XHTML even more
  pointless).