Re: [VE][65] Error Message Feedback

Jeffrey Thomason wrote:
> Validating httpg http://busybeesonline.50webs.com/
> Error [65]: "document type does not allow element X here;
> missing one of Y start-tag"
>
> can you tell me whats wrong with my page i have no idea

Yes, you've used a form element inside a p element.

This is Wrong:
   <form>...</form>

You cannot do that, move the form element outside of the p element, like
this:

This is Correct:
<form>
</form>

Also, you should consider removing the presentational elements and
attributes from your document and specifying presentation using CSS.
ie. <font>, <center>, etc. are all presentational and should not be used.

The 2nd error is because the onsubmit attribute needs to be used on the
form element, not the submit button.

<form onsubmit="...">
</form>

Alternatively, you could consider removing the behavioural onsubmit
attribute and attaching an event listener dynamically using script,
preferably in an external file.

> i have been up and down w3schools.com looking to see the problem...
> can you clear it up for me. thanks

W3Schools (which is not affiliated with the W3C) is not one of the
greatest educational resources available.  It's not suprising that you
won't find solutions to many validation problems there.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/