OpenSP options (Was: A Little Correction on Slackware 10.0)

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005, Adrian wrote:
> i've installed validator-0.6.7 on my server and when i'm testing it to
> validate my site, it's doesnt't work!
>
> so, i try to find out by editing /etc/w3c/validator.conf and set debug to
> 1 then i try again.
>
> run it again without -n and -R option:
> it works now!

I replied privately with details, but in case someone else ever
encounters the same issues...

-n and -R are important options, maintainers of local installations
should not turn them off. In Adrian's case, I am almost certain he was
running an old version of openSP (possibly < 1.4, and >= 1.5 is
required), hence the unknown options.

Generally speaking, hacking the validator is of course encouraged, but
any change on how it interacts with the parser should be done only if
you really know what you're doing...

Cheers,
olivier
--