Re: [VE][338] PHP sessions and ampersands in URLs

Olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005, David Dorward wrote:
>
>>I've made a number of changes to
>>http://dorward.me.uk/www/php-sessions/ampersand/ based on feedback
>>received both on and off the list (I also corrected a few grammer and
>>markup errors that I spotted while doing do) and would appreciate
>>another round of read-throughs.
>

> David's article is now also available at:
> http://www.w3.org/QA/2005/04/php-session
>
> Many thanks to David for accepting to contribute it to the QAIG's pool.

Experience suggests that many of the people who ask FAQs will never
read through a document that long.

How about opening it with a brief summary along the lines of:
	"Ampersands in HTML have a special meaning.  PHP deals
	incorrectly with this, and in consequence generates bad HTML.
	This document explains the problem and a simple solution."

--
Nick Kew