Re: Small idea/feature request

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:09:43AM -0400, Thomas McGee wrote:

> I would love to have a way to send the results page to someone. The
> ability to copy and paste the URL would be great.

The vast majority of browsers have the ability to copy the URL from
the address bar to the clipboard built in, usually through a keyboard
shortcut (such as Ctrl+C) and a content menu (attached to the right
mouse button, and possible also a specific menu key on the keyboard).

On the other hand, the only way to copy data from a webpage to the
clipboard using scripting works only under Microsoft Internet Explorer
for Windows (and browsers that use its rendering engine), so that
would not be safe to implement.