Re: Bug in validator

Luca Mascaro wrote:
> I find a problem in HTML validator.
>
> If we submit an HTML with a strange language code the validator dont'
> control this code.

I assume that means, it just doesn't issue an error?

> lang="italiano">

It's not a bug, it's a limitation with what can be validated with a DTD
based validator.  The lang and xml:lang attributes are defined as CDATA,
which means any ordinary character data.  The DTD does not contain a
list of all known language and country codes, so the validator can't
check you've used a valid one.

This just illustrates the difference between a "valid" document and a
"conformant" document.
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/validation.html

--
Lachlan Hunt